Happy Valentine's Day: Today I want to feel the love.

This past week, I asked my daughter Anna to do something for me. For some reason, she wasn't being very agreeable. In fact, she told me no. So I decided to try a different tactic. Guilt.

"Where is the love?" I asked her. "I'm just not feeling it," I continued.

She proceeded to explain to me that the last time I cleaned up around the house I must have put it away somewhere. Because she couldn't find it.

Now since I do have this habit of finding really good hiding places---I mean very creative places to put things, I couldn't really disagree with her.

Take, for example, the paper shredder. Who would think to look in the bathroom closet? Or to look in the garage for envelopes? I'm clever like that.

Anyway, this Valentine's day I really do need to ask: Where is the love? No really. Where is it?

2 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

I guilted Moni into walking the dog...asking her if she even loved me a tiny little bit...she played and walked the dog...I'm so good :) Happy Love day!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely blog, I really like how you share your life and the simple yet complex life of a parent!