Heather you said I hadn't written in a while and that you were unable to know what was going on here at home while you are away at college. In your honor I will blog about what I did this morning. So you will know what you are missing.




Mission Code Name: Not impossible, just really really hard.

When I woke up this morning I knew that today was the day. So it was with excitement and only a small amount of dread that I got out of bed this morning. With amazing efficiency, I dressed in my spy clothes. All black. (Which also double as running clothes). And I gathered my supplies.

I put new batteries in the flashlight, found eye protection, donned a knit cap and put on rubber gloves (so as not to leave fingerprints and also important for touching icky things.)

I was ready. And I have to admit that now that the adrenaline had kicked in I felt nothing but confidence as I climbed the ladder, removed the ceiling piece that led to the crawl space, and pulled myself up into the ceiling.

It wasn't exactly how I imagined it to be. Lying in my bed I had envisioned a spacious walkway with a tall peaked roof. And maybe a few forgotten valuable pieces of antique furniture tastefully arranged around the edges.

What there was, was a whole lot of insulation, darkness, and mouse droppings. Conspicuously missing was the walkway and antique furniture. I guess I'd always thought that 'crawl space' was just an expression...

Anyway, a while ago I had discovered a spot in one of the bedrooms that made me suspect a mouse had died and was currently decomposing on and, perhaps in the future, through the ceiling.

My mission was to find the perpetrator and dispose of the evidence.

I failed.

Surveying the situation I realized I was not properly trained and decided to retreat. Basically I threw myself back down the hole, falling down the ladder and couldn't get to the shower fast enough to wash off all the dirtiness.

But I am not giving up. I may have lost the battle but war is still on the horizon. I will regroup. Gather back-up. Maybe buy some more flattering black pants, and find a good position to run interference. Basically I want to watch...

And as for the rest of the day? Picture in your mind: Mindy versus the vacuum cleaner. The excitement never ends.

3 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Secret Agent 007.5. love it. Let me help you next time...I might wear glow in the dark attire :)

Heather said...

I'm glad you're enjoying all the spy movies and tv shows I made you watch while I was there.

Anonymous said...

I just wanna see the pants!

Jenny