Laundry time.


When we drove up to Massillon, Ohio to visit Nick we thought it would be fun to surprise him by washing his laundry while he was busy marching.

His laundry was very dirty. And by saying "very dirty" I am being kind. It was more of a "toxic-nasty-should be burned" kind of dirty.

Anyway, we put all his laundry in one of those super-duper-triple capacity sized washing machines, put it on the "For The Love Of All That Is Holy, Get This Laundry Clean!!!" setting. And watched it work it's magic.

We finished and put his laundry away nice and neatly into his duffel bag. And waited to see if he would notice.

That night my son came over and asked us what we had done to his clothes.

Hummm. "We washed it?" My daughter replied.

"Why?" I wanted to know.

"It's so clean!" he replied sounding surprised and amazed.

Well we had just washed it...I wonder how he does his laundry?

Maybe he just hasn't found the special setting yet.

4 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Shocking what boys do to their clothes...I hate to imagine how sweaty and dirty the clothes were. I love all the pictures while you waited at the laundry-mat.

Anonymous said...

If he is like my kids, then he hasn't realized that getting something wet is not the same thing as washing it...

Jen

ldsjaneite said...

Love the picture to go with the post!

Katydid said...

Just read lots of entries. What a funny life you lead! Full of humor, balance and work....and silly. Keep the observations and fun going.