Ready for anything!

The big day arrived! We dropped off Sarah and Heather at BYU yesterday. I was so ready! I put all my money, ID, and credit cards and secured them safely into the pocket of my cute, black, BYU approved, knee-length shorts. I had my camera and we were all set!

We drove down to BYU and hurried to the ID center so the girls could get their BYU Id's. The room was full of fellow students all waiting for their id. "Huh," I remarked loudly. "It looks like no one else brought their mom!" Sarah moaned and elbowed me. Hard.

I knew we had an appointment at the bank next, so I reached my hand into my pocket to reassure myself that I had the money and my ID. And it was empty. I felt that rush of panic start as I frantically put my hand into all my other pockets just to check, but they were empty as well.

I clearly remembered putting everything I needed into my pocket. I know I had! I looked down in dismay at my black shorts feeling very betrayed.

Except I wasn't wearing black shorts.

Then I remembered. Right before we left I had changed into a pair of jean capris!

Off to the bank we went anyway. I informed the bank guy that not only did I not have the money to put into the accounts, I didn't have any id on me either.

So much for feeling like I was on the ball...But I did have a camera! That has to count for something, right?

3 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

Wow--big day for you dropping off the girls! And yet you still have fabulous experiences that bring a smile to my day.

Anonymous said...

Occasions like this call for a purse, right?

;)

me

Julie Ramsay said...

I hope girls have a fabulous first year! You are the best mom :)