When I'm helping I'm happy.

I'm in the kitchen making dinner. My husband comes in and tells the kids that they should come and help.

"I'll watch," Anna offers.

"I'll clap," Nick replies.

"I'll be a street performer," my husband decides as he starts posing in various positions. "And you can pay to get your picture taken with me."

My son claps and jumps on his back. And together they all go to the back porch.

And I'm still in the kitchen, wondering what just happened.

Next time I get to be the street performer.

5 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

video tape it next time :) Your family is hilarious...and so connected with the arts :)

Anonymous said...

Emily is worried that she shares the same genes. She wants to know if all my sisters are like that :)

Jen

ldsjaneite said...

Ha ha ha!

Katydid said...

What calm you have. I bark and growl--it would be better to make a funny.

D.M. SOLIS said...

Wonderful. And by all means, keep wearing your cape! Peace and continued good things for you.

Sincerely,
Diane