Mutant Marshmallows.

I was at Walmart doing my weekly shopping when this woman stopped her cart next to mine. She held up a bag of marshmallows and waved them in front of my face. "Look at these marshmallows!" she yelled. "Just LOOK at them!"

I looked at her marshmallows.

"They are big," I observed. And they were. In fact they were much bigger than normal marshmallows.

"They are HUGE!" the lady continued, as she kept waving the bag in my face.

I agreed again and hurried on my way through the store. Walking down the aisles, I saw at least three displays of these gigantic marshmallows. They were everywhere. It made me wonder if Walmart had gone a little overboard and been a bit hasty with their inflated expectations for these marshmallows. But then again, the marshmallow lady did seem very enthusiastic about them.

And you know how it is at the grocery store---you always seem to pass the same people up and down every aisle. So everytime I saw her, she grabbed her bag of marshmallows and waved them at me. I tried to look happy to see her, but honestly, by the third aisle of ohhhing and ahhhing over marshmallows, it was getting more and more difficult to be excited. About the marshmallows. Even if they are really really big marshmallows.

I guess the lady also found a large Hershey's candy bar, which she showed me. She said she was planning on having her very own "campfire" smores extravaganza as soon as she got home. I told her that sounded yummy as I pushed my cart faster through the aisles, passing her by, hopefully for the last time.

Oh, I thought I'd warn you that in case you are interested in large marshmallows, you better hurry. They have them at Walmart, but they won't last long.

2 comments:

AM said...

dad and i saw those, and we thought they looked a lot like toilet paper rolls and it would be funny to replace all the toilet paper with them in a public restroom. but that is just us.....

Julie Ramsay said...

Wow! That woman must not get out much if she was so excited about these marshmellows...I better hurry right over and get some :)!