I hope some things will never change.


"You are back!" Ben exclaims when I pick him up from kindergarten class today.

"Yes, you were here before," Tim adds as I give him a big hug. How I've missed these boys.

"What's your name?" Ben asks.

"Mindy," I tell him.

Tim looks around and asks, "Where's that other one?"

I know exactly who he is talking about, but it is too fun to listen to them figure it out.

"Yah," Ben chimes in. "Where is your dad?"

"My dad is in America," I inform them.

"Oh. Then where is, um, the other one?"

"Nick?" I offer.

"Yes! Where is Nick?"

I tell them that Nick is at their house waiting to see them.

"Is he your grandma?" Ben wonders.

"No. He is my son." I love this.

"Is he my grandma?" Ben continues.

I explain they are cousins and then we go home, eat lunch, and then I take a nap. I get up and go in to the living room.

"Hey!" Tim yells coming over to me. "You have been here before!"

"What's your name?" Ben asks as I give him a big hug.

2 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Neverending story....please sing along. They love you!

Jeffrey Slater said...

I stumbled upon your blog and have enjoyed reading it. I live in NC and daughters are much older and live far away. I remember fondly the time we spent around the dinner table too. You might enjoy reading about a game we used to play when they were kids at:
http://momentslater.blogspot.com/2010/12/dinner-question.html
Check it out. Jeff