Honesty is the best policy.

Last night we were skyping with Sarah and Heather. They mentioned a talk my husband gave when the kids were little. I remembered it. It was a classic family moment. I was sure I'd written a blog about it. I looked for it, but I couldn't find it...so I guess I didn't write about it. It was too good to miss so I thought I'd write about it now.

Several years ago my husband gave a talk at church on honesty. The kids were little and I'll just say that they had listening issues. Anyway, he was talking about the time we went to the Virgin Islands on a business trip. He rented a car but the island was so small, we walked everywhere. When it was time to return the car we decided not to fill up the tank since we'd only driven it back and forth from the airport.

Anyway, by the time he had to sign the paperwork saying he had filled the tank, he felt so guilty he left to get more gas, almost making us miss our return flight.

Back to me and the kids: I was sitting in between Nicholas and Heather, to keep them from talking to each other. Nicholas turned to me to ask, "What's going on?" I was about to explain what their dad was talking about when Heather answered, "I'm not sure, but I think dad stole a car."

Then the older, wiser sister Sarah added, "And he felt really guilty about it."

1 comment:

Julie Ramsay said...

Grand theft auto....Awesome! Isn't cute when kids try to figure out what's going on!