It's a sign.

This morning there was a "For Sale" sign in our neighbors yard. I was flabergasted. I mean, I'd not heard anything about them moving. Not a whisper! And we carpool. Every day.

I know I shouldn't feel betrayed, but for pete's sake, we've raised our children together for the past 12 years or so. It's almost like we're family!

So all morning at church I sulked and brooded over the impending move. It's not like I actually expected them to call and ask for my permission or approval or anything. But it would have been nice...

Anyway, my husband and I spent the drive home from church speculating why they could be moving: new job, bigger/smaller house, etc.

"Maybe they don't like their neighbors?" my husband suggested.

"No," I insisted with confidence. (If that were the case they would've put the for sale sign in OUR yard.)

Immediately after getting home, I ran next door to confront them.

My neighbor laughed as I ran up his driveway. He said that they were just as surprised as we were to wake up with a "For Sale" sign in their yard.

My neighbor thought it was most likely someone's idea of a joke. (And not a very funny joke, I might add.)

In the end, it turns out that my neighbors won't be moving after all. What a relief!

For future reference: If they do decide to move, I would like at least 60 days notice. In writing. Please.

1 comment:

Julie Ramsay said...

What a weird practical joke! Glad their NOT moving! whew! Crisis adverted!!!