May 4, 2013

Ten years ago I had this really great idea.  This great idea involved texturing my living room walls.  I hired someone to come and do it but it didn't look like how I imagined it.  And then the tan color I picked out looked grey on the walls.  So basically it was like a cave in my living room.  Not quite what I wanted.  But since I paid to have it done, I figured I had to grin and bear it.


Since my son is home from college on a break and my sister is here to help, I decided it would be "fun" to sand and repaint the living room walls.  We got the sanding done in one day and it was amazing how much dust one room could generate. ( More validation that texturing the walls was a bad idea and could never be repeated.)

After priming the room I asked my son what color we should paint it.  He replied, "How about textured grey!"  Not funny.  We decided on a nice buttery yellow color.  Which totally lightened up the room.

After all the dust in the carpet we decided that maybe wood flooring would be nice.  After taking the carpet and padding out and spending the evening pulling out all the nifty staples in the floor, my 8 year old nephew Tim came in to check out our progress.

"I hate to break it to you," he announced, "but this wood floor looks really really bad."  We tried to explain that this was just the sub-floor and the REAL wood floor would go on top.  Tim was not impressed at all and before he left he added, "If you would have let me help, it might have had a chance of looking good." 

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we'll get the wood floor in and make Tim proud.

1 comment:

Julie Ramsay said...

That boy is tough to impress...he did help with the painting I remember...