I'm in Nebraska visiting my youngest sister Jodie. She has a 9-year-old daughter named Olivia. We've done puzzles, played with Bratz dolls, etc. Yesterday she asked me if I wanted to play a game that my older sister, Aunt Diane always plays with her. Of course, I told her yes. I'm not going to be the Aunt who won't play...

So this game is Olivia pretending to be my mom and I am her child. She gave me a name, "Min" and told me that I was supposed to go to bed at 8:30pm. I told her that I should be able to stay up later. To which she responded, "But Aunt Diane always goes to bed when I tell her to."

Gee, thanks Diane.

Jodie got to play "the van driver." Olivia would call to her, "Hey van driver," and the funny part was that Jodie would respond. I love this age where kids use their imagination.

Later that day we went to Sam's Club and Olivia and I went around "pretending" to buy food while my mom and Jodie filled their cart with meat. They were attempting to fill up the freezer she'd just bought. As we walked through the store we got more strange looks than I've ever gotten...and, if you've read any of my other posts, you can see that that's saying something. People openly gawked at the meat piled in her cart. We felt like we needed a sign or some sort of disclaimer: Just bought freezer.

You'd think people would be a bit more discreet. I wanted to yell, "Quit checking out our meat!" It was a glorious amount of meat though...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're headed out on errands this morning. I don't think we'll buy that much meat, though...

me

Julie Ramsay said...

moderation in everything...