No good deed goes unpunished.

I was just trying to be nice.

Why else would I have 10 cases of Pepsi Max piled into my cart. Target is always out of Pepsi Max, so when I saw they had some in stock, I bought all they had. 9 cases fit into my cart perfectly, but I was able to balance the 10th box on top.

And it would have been fine...except I saw my neighbor and was waving hello to her. Instead of watching for potholes.

The case of pop flew off the top of my cart and instantly I knew that at least one can was leaking. And since I couldn't put a leaking box of pop into my car, I knew I'd have to remove the damaged can(s). I picked the box back up and put it into my cart where I could open the soggy end of the container. Before I was ready, all 12 cans came flying out of the box.

It was like mini explosions with pop squirting in every direction. The lady walking towards me ran for cover behind the trash can. If it wasn't such a surprise and pop wasn't spraying all over me, I would have stopped to watch. It truly was incredible.

I threw the damaged cans---that were still spraying out pop with amazing power---into the trash can. (Once again I needed to apologize to the lady who was then hiding behind the trash can.)

I had it almost under control and was ready to continue my trek across the parking lot when I overheard a women passing by inform her friend that maybe I should start drinking non-caffeinated pop. Before I could scream, "It was the POT HOLES!" once again my cart lurched into a hole and the few cans that hadn't been damaged went flying out of the open box...

This time I wasn't so apologetic to the women who ended up getting sprayed. It really was an accident.

3 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Walmart strikes again. I love these stories...they make my day really. I'm not the only one running into potholes :)

mindy said...

Unfortunately it happened at Target---it appears I'm not safe any where...

Julie Ramsay said...

oh drat!