Time for a Scooby snack...

It's that crazy place between real and dreaming. That's where I was this morning. I'd woken up and driven the kids to school but had a terrible headache. Got home took something for the headache and checked my mail and facebook. My sister mentioned something about having tickets to see some kind of murder mystery dinner train. Wow! I've always wanted to go to one of those.

My head was throbbing so I decided to lie down for a while. And suddenly I was in the middle of a ghost hunt. Not quite the murder mystery I wanted, but I guess it was close enough. It was almost like a Scooby Doo episode...

And I was chasing down ghosts when all of a sudden the phone rang. In my dream it was someone trying to trick me---trying to convince me they were not really a ghost when I knew they were.

I woke up as I was hanging up the phone---the real phone. Desperately hoping that I hadn't just had the same conversation on my phone that I'd just had in my dream. I'd just yelled at the "pretend" person, telling them that they had to be a ghost because were too ugly to be real. "Of course, I'm real," the person on the phone had insisted. But I knew better and had hung up them.

So, maybe I'd just picked up the phone in my sleep and no one was ever really there. But just in case---and you called me this morning---I apologize. I'm sure you're quite lovely. Not ugly at all. And maybe next time, don't call so early.

1 comment:

Julie Ramsay said...

hate it when that happens! :)