The Swiss Nursery ROCKS!

On Sunday I went with my sister to the nursery. I'm in the nursery at home, so I thought it would be a fun way to maybe get some new ideas.

To my surprise there were very few things the same about our two nurseries. Yes, we both have snack time. My sister baked bread (in an oven inside the nursery) and sliced up various fruits and veggies. Making the stale animal crackers we have, seem even more lame.

One more thing we have in common is play-doh. Well, I did try play-doh once. But one little boy kept eating it so I put it away and never tried it again. Here, they do play-doh every week and just let the kids eat it.

But that is where the similarities end.

Can I just say two words? Sand box. Yes, in Switzerland, they have a sand box in the nursery. How cool is that! My sister bought it and put it in there. If I were to bring a sand box into my nursery at home, I think they would completely freak out.

But the best part is the bikes. They have half a dozen bigwheels and baby strollers that the kids climb on and race down the halls when they take a "walk." I can just imagine how well this would go over in West Virginia.

I'm seriously thinking about trying out some of the great ideas I've seen here. Maybe a sandbox and a few bigwheels...Because, as my sister says, "The kids love it!" And that's all the reassurance I need.

And it may even ensure a speedy release from the nursery.

4 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

I love nursery! You don't have to sit still for 2 hours :). I love how you write!

Katydid said...

Swiss people do lots of things better!

swissscrapper said...

My kids LOVE nursery in Switzerland. Several of them have been lucky enough to have Julie as their teacher. I don't think that makes Julie lucky, though...

Heather said...

Doesn't the sand get everywhere?