I guess I won't be getting that nomination for mother of the year...

Today as Anna and I were leaving the dentist's office, I realized I had received several texts. So as we made our way to the car, I quickly tried to reply to them. Since the dentist's office is on the top floor of a junior college, there was a group of college students hanging around outside.

I heard several of them talking as I walked by. "Oh my gosh. Did you just see that?" And, "Can you believe her mom just clobbered her in the face with the door like that?"

My first thought was, "poor kid, her mother should be paying more attention" and then I turned around.

And saw Anna. She was standing in the doorway with her arms loaded down with all of my stuff (Obviously I couldn't text with my hands full), her face smashed against the glass door.

I ran over and opened the door for her. As we walked by again, I heard someone say, "Poor kid."

Trying to redeem myself I paying extra close attention to make sure Anna was completely inside the car with the door shut and seat belt fastened before I drove away. Because that's what a good mother who is paying attention does.

1 comment:

Julie Ramsay said...

My kids get clobbered too on a daily basis!...you're a great mom!