Charting new territory.


I've been wondering if there is a protocol. You know. For how long you are actually supposed to wait after your children leave for college, before you can take-over their bedrooms. And put your stuff in there.

My kids are telling me that I can't actually have their rooms until they leave.

In theory, I guess I have to agree with that. It does make sense.


Except if I wait until after they leave, who will be there to help me pack up their stuff and re-paint their bedrooms? Who I ask you?

So this was my general thinking back in May. Maybe a day or two before the girls officially graduated from high school. As I had them pack up their belongings. Into nice plastic bins. That are now stored neatly in a closet.

And Sarah really did do a great job painting the new recording studio.

P.S. Lest I seem too uncaring, please notice that I did leave a "guest" bedroom for the girls to use if they do decide to come and visit in the future.

And I sincerely hope that they will come visit.

4 comments:

AM said...

technically you only transformed one of your daughter's rooms who was going to college. and it's not that different anyways. the recording studio was MY room and i'm still living here!

mindy said...

Well I did make sure Heather packed up her stuff from her bedroom so that you have a room to move into...so I don't know what you are complaining about:)

ldsjaneite said...

I can't remember how it was with the older kids, but my room sure didn't last long after I left!

Julie Ramsay said...

The rooms look gorgeous! You should have done it earlier :)