Am I interrupting something?

Arriving at the Goodwill drop off, loaded to the hilt (with everything for the boy scout yard sale, they had cancelled for the last time) I went to the side door like the sign instructed. Going inside, I asked if this was where I could drop off my stuff. The man said he was busy (he was reading---maybe it was his break time), but a lady groaned, got off her chair and followed me back outside.

She held the door for me and took the first bag of stuff then disappeared inside for about five minutes. I was about to go inside to look for her when she finally reappeared. "Oh, you have more stuff?" she asked. With my trunk open she couldn't have helped but notice all the stuff piled into the back of my car.

I handed her another bag and again she disappeared inside. Guessing she must have been sorting and pricing each individual item as I waited, I began to get impatient. It had been two bags and ten minutes, and I still had about twenty bags left. I started piling bags by the side of the building when the helpful lady returned. "Oh, there's still more," she commented with a sigh. A man appeared telling me that I couldn't stack anything outside because if it got wet, they would just have to throw it away, then went back inside to sit down. Thanks.

Finally, I had to leave to pick up my kids from school. I had successfully handed the lady at the door two more bags but things were not looking good. No longer caring, I tossed bags from my car over towards the building. The man reappeared to tell me yet again that I couldn't do that. It was enough.

"Actually, I don't care if they get thrown away, or you sell them," I told him as friendly as I could while throwing bags from my car. He must have believed me because he returned with several friends from inside the building and within minutes my whole car was unloaded. Amazing, they had been in there the whole time, so sorry to disturb them.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I'd write a letter...I can't believe that!! What a hassle!!! The people who work at our Goodwill store are always helpful and they fill out a receipt with everything you bring in for tax purposes. It never takes them more than 5 minutes...sorry it was such a bad experience.

Julie Ramsay said...

What a fun day you had! Sorry you had lazy people...I wish you could come help me! My house needs a good clean out! I'll try to take one room at a time...when they're back at school!