If the shoes fits wear it, if the shoe doesn't fit...wear it anyway.

We were eating dinner the other night. Sarah, my sixteen year old surprised us by speaking: "Why are you wearing my shirt?"she asked Anna, who is eleven.

Anna shrugged her shoulders, "It was in my drawer." That explained everything. So, Heather, who is five foot eight, looked across the table and asked, "Why are you wearing my jeans?" to Sarah who is only five foot three inches tall.

Sarah looked sheepish, admitting that they had been way too long, and she had to keep pulling them up all day. "Uh, they were in my drawer?" she answered---everyone immediately turning to look at me.

So, fine. I was distracted one day while putting away laundry. But they were missing the main point. First, when you open your drawer and see something that you don't recognize, or isn't yours in there, it doesn't mean you are obligated to wear it. And second, if you put on a pair of pants, pulling them up to your arm-pits and they still don't fit, DON'T WEAR THEM! It's not that hard, really, is it?

But if it makes them feel better to blame the person who washed, folded and put away the clothes (albeit in the wrong place) I'm okay with that. As long as they realize they are the geniuses who spent the day pulling their pants up...

5 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

That's hilarious. You have such great stories!

Molly said...

Don't feel bad, we did the same thing when we were younger, only the conversation went something like this:

Marsha: Those are my underwear!

Molly: But they were in my drawer.

Just be glad they only wear each others jeans....

Anonymous said...

When my kids find something in their drawer that isn't theirs, they throw it out in the hallway!!!

Julie Ramsay said...

I love how you say...if the pants go up to your armpits! I get a great visual picture. Thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

My boys do their own laundry-which is good because they wear the same size and I would never get it right!