Something is amiss...

Some friends and I run in the park behind the high school every morning. Now that school is back in session, we undercover mom's are back in business. We are naturally nosy and involved in everyone else's business: who are those kids not in class, why are those kids going into the woods, etc. If you think about it, we really are perfect for our self-appointed task.

Today we saw a couple of boys slink off into the woods behind the park after school had started along with a very strong, bitter smell. After our first lap, we called OJ (Officer Jamie) to let her know the situation. We have called her a lot in the past, in fact her number is on our speed dial.

We continued exercising and one friend commented that sin was stupid. "Yah, and those kids aren't too bright either," I added. I mean if you think about it, they had a car and were skipping school to smoke pot. So, they drove to the park behind the high school filled with people.

"Plus, they could have at least picked a decent day to skip," another friend added, referring to the light drizzle and cold weather. The nasty dope smoke just hung in the air and coated the back of my throat and tongue, burning my nose.

As we finished our last lap a second police car pulled into the parking lot. Usually we liked to stick around and watch the drama unfold. Today we hurried to our cars to drive away. We were covered with incriminating smoke and didn't want to take any chances that the dog in the back of the newly arriving police car would sniff in our direction. I tried not to let my tires squeal on the way out of the parking lot as I raced home to take a shower. Another day of successful undercover work...

4 comments:

Molly said...

Ha Ha! Nice! I know if I were going to smoke pot, I'd stay as close to the campus as possible.... dumb!

Julie Ramsay said...

Go MIndy! You are a crime buster!

Nancy said...

WOW! You get 'em girl! Did you say that you have the cops on speed dial? That's scary!

Anonymous said...

Yea Mindy! Now how could anyone think you're not a cool mom! And I can't believe you have that cop on speed dial. Hilarious!