Does this skirt make me look fat?

"Anyone want to go to the fabric store?" my husband asked at dinner one night. Okay, I thought, this ought to be interesting...

We picked out a roll of black fabric and took it to the counter to have it cut. "This is a lot of material," the lady told us, "what are you making?"

"Not me," I pointed to my husband, "he is making a skirt." "That is A LOT of material for a skirt." She told us. "It will be a very LARGE skirt," she continued, dying to know the details.

"It's not for me," my husband finally told her..."It's for my son." He was loving this. The lady turned a bit pale and mumbled, "He must be a big boy..."

Finally, I decided to put her out of her misery and explained that it was a skirt to go around a platform for our son's drum-set. She was very relieved. "How are you going to attach the skirt?" she wanted to know. I stepped back and let them discuss the pros and cons of the various options, tuning them out.

So, we went home wondering whether we could talk our daughter into getting started sewing on her brother's skirt that night...

3 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

I love that Brian took the innitiative on this...he is such a great manager! None of the gould girls sew!

Jodie Davis said...

How did he end up attaching the skirt - velcro, hooks - I'm just dying to know???

mindy said...

I think you're making fun of me, but just in case you are serious...He is going to attach the skirt with hooks---as soon as he gets all of the cat hair off of it (the cats have started sleeping on it).