Reality, anyone?

I dropped my kids off at band camp, and decided to run in the park for a change of scenery. It was a bit crowded for my taste and I ended up picking up my pace so I wouldn't look too sluggish.

When the first crowd of joggers passed me, saying hello, I realized that I had a couple of problems. My first problem was that I was using all my oxygen just to breathe and had none left for casual banter with other joggers. I grunted in reply, hoping it wouldn't sound too rude.

This left with me with my second, larger problem. I was no longer invisible. Apparently, something had happened to my invisibility shield and other people could now see me.

I know, before you think I am completely crazy. No, I don't really think I am invisible. It's just something I tell myself that allows me to sweat, breathe loudly, and shuffle awkwardly, outside in public. Okay, when I say that out loud, it does sound a little crazy. But when I tell this to myself in my head it sounds better.

So, anyway. Last night, my husband and I were walking around the neighborhood. One of my friends called out to us, "I saw you running in the park this morning," she said, "and you didn't say hi."

Not knowing what else to say, I told her the truth. "I didn't think you could see me since I was wearing my invisibility shield."

She laughed, and I laughed along with her since I didn't want her to think I was crazy or anything...

1 comment:

Julie Ramsay said...

I also don't like to be looked at or talked to while I'm exercising. I get an immediate red head and I sweat profusely. Its not pretty. I told the folks to look at your blog and to read it everyday since you are so funny. Could you bring the Host for mom to read? She would love it.
Jul