Life is like that sometimes...


Something happened to me this summer. I woke up one morning with an ache in my legs that to my dismay, I found only running could alleviate. Sometimes I get up as early as 5am to hit the pavement and run. I have been running for a long time. But don't let me kid you. Please, consider me a "runner" using only the loosest terms possible.

I run during the school year with a dedicated friend. She never misses a day. I, on the other hand make it 2-3 days a week. The other days, I wake up early to think up excuses of why I won't be able to go running that day. I wonder if I can manage a fall down the stairs---I don't want to break anything, just a good sprain---something to get me off the hook for a couple of weeks. My mind wanders with ideas of ways or appointments to make to get me out of running...I always call her with my excuses and she is very patient with me, but I can imagine the eye-rolling going on from her side of the phone.

So, imagine my surprise to find myself actually running every morning by myself during the summer! I still haven't told my friend about my new found enthusiasm for running. Maybe, I am a little bit worried that it will somehow be gone by the time school starts...Or maybe, I think she won't believe me...it will be better to wait and show her my new dedication this fall.

As I ran this morning realizing that I had decided to run an extra mile---just for fun--- something I had never thought I would do unless at gunpoint; I couldn't help but smile.

1 comment:

Julie Ramsay said...

You are amazing Min! Time to start training for a marathon. Not that you want to but just an idea?