Where has the summer gone?

It's that time again. I know I'm supposed to be excited for my kids to be going back to school, but it's just so much work! Shopping for schools supplies, new clothes, making lunches, waking up early...It almost doesn't seem worth all the effort it takes to get them up, ready and out the door.

I mean, my kids sleep in until almost noon---I hardly know they are home! With school starting back up, I'll have homework to help them with, lessons to drive them to, field trips and parties to volunteer for. I'm exhausted just thinking about all the work it takes having my kids back in school. I cringe remembering the endless fundraising opportunities that I will be able to participate in.

So, it is with a heavy heart, that I help my children lay out their first day of school outfits. Make sure to set the alarm clock an extra fifteen minutes earlier than usual so we can get plenty of back to school pictures and repeat over and over again to myself that my kids will only be young once and I need to enjoy this wonderful time in my life.

1 comment:

Julie Ramsay said...

you're making me cringe...I like sleeping in!!! We go back in 2 more weeks. Colin gets to have the kids the whole first week of school while I'm in the US. That should be worth all the sacrifice of motherhood! Wish I had a video camera taping everything!!! ha ha ha. Although they probably will do everything he asks...oh well.