Pride...

I've been trying to keep up with the training, but have had a hard time breathing and running at the same time. Wednesday a man in a truck actually stopped to ask me if I was okay. That was a little embarrassing.

Today I ran seven miles for the first time ever. On the last mile I was pretty beat. Down the street I saw someone coming towards me. She was tall, skinny with a blond pony tail. It was Barbie! And she was running and smiling. (Give me a break.) I was so tired I was weaving, gasping for breath, and could barely put one foot in front of the other.

I was wearing the baggiest pair of shorts I own (when running, there are more important things to worry about, like breathing, than trying to pick out wedgies from tight shorts) and an over-sized t-shirt. I took one look at her color coordinated exercise top and tiny running shorts and knew I had to suck it up. I gritted my teeth and ran as fast as I have ever ran in my life. There was no way Barbie was going to think she could out run me! Of course it took me almost 20 minutes to recover from that outburst. But it was worth it to see the look of surprise on her face when I flew past her. Take that Barbie.

4 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

come on barbie lets go party! good going min!!

ldsjaneite said...

Ha ha ha. I have the problem of running and breathing at the same time, too! :-) 7 miles, though--I've never accomplished that. Way to beat Barbie.

Sheila said...

That's awesome! Where was Ken? Ha!

Anonymous said...

Ken could only run .65 miles last night; he feels a little embarassed!