Family.

I guess I told my mom that I would organize her photos while I visited this summer. She has several plastic bins full of pictures and "memories." I seriously don't remember having this conversation. I'm sure someone did---either me or one of my sisters, anyway. My mom reminded me of this yesterday. I leave tomorrow.

Last night we sat looking through pictures. There are some good ones. We laughed at old perms, apologized for bridesmaid's dresses, and had fun laughing at ourselves. My niece, Olivia, held up a picture from my sister Diane's wedding. It was a picture of her husband and all the best men standing in line dressed in tuxes.

"Were all these men your husband?" Olivia asked my sister.

I love sitting around and just being with my family. We tell silly jokes and reminisce. This is why we are here. After looking at pictures we loaded up and drove to Nielsen's for frozen custard and Iron ports. Another tradition.

We go home tomorrow and hopefully we have enough good times and memories to last until next year.

2 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

sounds like you're all having a blast! Can't believe the trip is almost over! Work hard tonight and get it all done...or I could finish where you left off with the pics.

Jodie Davis said...

olivia - due to jon's mother - thinks that it is a normal thing to marry a 1/2 dozen men in a lifetime :)