Psst...by the way...I just thought you should know...

I never feel very comfortable going to my parents church. I haven't always felt this way. Just since the one Sunday, right before church started, that my dad yelled over to me, "Mindy your hickey is showing." And everyone (at least it felt like everyone) turned to stare at me.

Actually it was only my slip that was showing. I often get the two mixed up myself. Hickey---Slip, common mistake. So I understood completely. But I always feel like ever since then, people in that ward look at me rather strange. Especially since at the time, I had been there for a month without my husband. Do hickey's last that long? I don't know.

I did take my dad aside later and explain that the next time he needed to tell me that my hickey and/or slip were showing, I would prefer he pass me a note...Or announce it over the intercom. Either way.

2 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Yikkees! Lost for words! He is a crack up! I'm sure they don't remember its you...there are sooo mnay of us!

mindy said...

Yes, I'll just pretend it was you with the hickey:)