Just call me Sherlock Holmes.

The past few weeks I've been having problems with my husbands' white shirts. Each week one of his shirts has ended up in the laundry basket with marks all over it. I haven't been able to figure out what they are or where they come from. One week there were blue steaks up and down the arms, the next week gray spots on the back, and this past week yellow smudges on his collar. And I can't get any of the marks off either.

I've tried shout, oxi-clean, bleaching, etc. Nothing works. It's a mystery.

Until yesterday at lunch. My friend casually asked if I've had any luck getting stains out of Brian's white shirts. What?!? I haven't told anyone, so I was curious as to how she knew about his shirts.

Apparently during church her grandson has been coloring with markers. All over the back of my husband. She'd been too embarrassed to mention it before. I have noticed her grandson has been a lot quieter lately...

Ahhh, this explains everything. Permanent markers. Hence all the drawings and designs on his back. Then when he puts his arms up on the back of the pew, little lines up and down his sleeves.

So, Sunday I have a couple of options. I can bring some washable markers. Or we can find a different seat to sit in. Either way: Mystery Solved!

6 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Holy Cow! Who gives their kids permanent markers!!! Hilarious! Sit somewhere else... or bring coloring books!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking a giant blaze-orange garbage bag with a hole cut out for my face...

me

Sheila said...

I too am shocked that someone would let their kids use permanent markers! Maybe they were dry erase ones. They don't wash out either. Anyway..... I think the back row is calling your name!!

mindy said...

That back row...it's pretty rough. There's a nursery kid back there with a tattoo!

me

ldsjaneite said...

I'm surprised he didn't feel the kid drawing on him!

Jenny Dahlke said...

I never thought of using that as a quiet time activity...I need to load some markers in my church bag. Maybe you're little friend should sit in the back row, he can help design more tattoos for the other back row delinquents.

That is too funny, only could happen to you guys! ;)