Family togetherness is a beautiful thing. Painting a deck,
Is fun to do,

Fun to do,


Fun to do.


Painting a deck is fun to do.

To do, to do, to do.


Painting a deck using an oil based paint that cannot be sprayed or rolled on is especially fun. So fun, in fact, that it is necessary to make it mandatory fun. And fun it was. Although, after an hour or so, we had to make Anna the official photographer, and then a little while later Heather volunteered to be the caterer. We've never eaten better.

Deck painting tips: If you feel the paint dripping down into your armpit, you've put too much paint on the paint brush. And most importantly: whatever you do, DO NOT MENTION that this is just the FIRST coat.

6 comments:

Katydid said...

You can paint my deck and I will cater.

Julie Ramsay said...

Ha...it does look like fun for about 20 minutes!

Nancy said...

At least tell me the weather was nice?....If I lived there, I'd have loved to help. Painting relaxes me. Ahhh, Bob Ross....

mindy said...

Geesh Nancy, had we known you love painting that much we would have bought you a plane ticket! But we had the whole day with clear skies. And Katy as tempting as that sounds, no thank you:) I'm not a fan of painting---but I hear Nancy is...

ldsjaneite said...

Painting a deck never looked more fun!

P.S. I just gave you an award at my blog http://austenknowsbest.blogspot.com

Sheila said...

Is it finished? For your sanity, I hope so!!