You can never have too many boyfriends, I mean, socks.


I sent Heather and Anna to the store and after the fourth phone call with questions about what they were supposed to be getting, I hear, "We've found ourselves in the sock department, and we don't know what to do."

Since I find myself in this situation all the time (?!?) I understood completely. Actually, knowing Heather's love for socks, I understood completely. "Go ahead and pick out a couple of pairs," I told them before hanging up. Heather brought home a pair of sparkly tights and Anna found some owl socks.

You needed to know about Heather and her sock fetish so you can appreciate the next story:

Just last week Heather and I were at Target and the guy at the check-out counter was flirting shamelessly with my unsuspecting daughter. "Wow, those are some great socks," he admired. And, "Those socks are really awesome." I should mention that she was wearing said socks.

But the guy just wouldn't stop and kept going on and on about Heather and her socks. I felt so bad for the guy, but Heather just smiled and stood there. She really was clueless. I had the urge to tell the poor guy that I'd go out with him just to put him out of his misery. Maybe we could have lunch and I could help him work on his pick-up routine...

Or maybe he just really, really, really liked Heather's socks.

en794jw2fu

7 comments:

Heather said...

They really were great socks. They're orange with different color polka dots. I was wearing purple flowery shoes with them.

Anonymous said...

did this guy happen to have dread locks?

Nancy said...

You can never have too much chocolate too.....just saying....

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...wonder who else has the same name as me? :)

me

mindy said...

How did you know? Yes the guy had dread locks! Maybe he is super friendly to all the Target customers---or just those wearing socks. Did he hit on you as well? Did you go out with him? Were you wearing socks? Just wondering...

Rachel said...

haha nope that target guy is just plain creepy lol he tries to start up a conversation on anything ur buying that day. sometimes he wears a camel pack (u kno those water sack things bikers use?).

plus he's stephanie noel's cousin lol

this is rachel griffith by the way :)

Unknown said...

Mindy, I love your blog and the pictures. It's hard to believe your children are so grown up. I shouldn't be surprised as my youngest grandchild is 8 and my oldest will leave for a mission in Japan Dec. 2nd. You and Brian still look so young (even if he is losing his hair).
Diane Zimmerman