She did WHAT?!?

Brian came home from lunch today and announced that someone at work came up to him and told him that we need to make sure our daughter keeps her paws off of his son.

Several things flew into my head at once after Brian told me this.

"His son should be so lucky."

"Wait, which daughter?"

"Who is his son, anyway?"

"Good for her....whichever one it is..."

"I'll kill her!"

And then I knew. As sure as I know that trail mix is the most perfect food ever invented (and it's delicious, too) I knew that the guy had to be talking about someone else's daughter.

It turns out, after I got all the dirt from my husband, I was both right and wrong. In fact, the guy had been talking about our daughter. But he had been joking.

I guess Heather was lab partners with the guy's son in Chemistry. He'd told his dad that Heather knew everything and he had just sat there. The guy said that he'd told his son that Heather was smart so he was supposed to do everything Heather told him or she would chew him up, spit him out, walk over him and never look back. I wonder where he was getting his information...That sounded a little harsh. Not that I'd stand in her way of getting a good grade. But she would at least be polite about it...

So, thinking about it, I guess I am relieved that none of my girls were pawing random boys in public. I guess I should be thankful.

3 comments:

Heather said...

At least I'm not pawing any boys that you know about...haha.

Julie Ramsay said...

You go girl! Keep your mom up at night worrying...

Nancy said...

Oh, Heather...you make me laugh! Who uses words like "pawing" anymore?