Just say what you mean.

Dropping my daughter off at the middle school this morning she leaned over towards me. "Is your hair wet or is it just greasy?" she asked before opening the door and getting out of the car. Kids are great. I love how they keep things real. I can't imagine how self absorbed I would be without my kids around to keep me humble.

But I like to think that it doesn't have to be REAL all the time. For example, for me it just seems a bit much to pick up used Kleenex throughout the house. Yesterday I remarked to my child that she needed to throw away her Kleenex because I didn't appreciate having to touch her disgusting snot rags. She informed me that she doesn't use all of them to blow her nose with. Some of them she uses to clean out her ears.

Too much information. But that's my kids. Keeping it real.

5 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

So was it wet or just greasy....don't leave me hanging! I won't be able to sleep tonight!!!

Nancy said...

If your hair was greasy enough that it could be mistaken for water....then, you're lucky she said something before you went to Walmart and started thumping on the watermelons.

Anonymous said...

I thought it looked nice.

me

mindy said...

It was greasy, okay? I was going home to wash it, if it makes anyone feel any better:)

Heather said...

She asks us if our hair is wet or greasy all the time. It's an inherited trait.