The obsession continues.

So there's this large construction truck parked in front of my driveway. They are building a new house two houses down, yet insist on parking in front of MY house. Last week, I let them know I have 3 teenage drivers and it would be in their best interest to park elsewhere, but it doesn't seem to bother them.

The bigger problem is that it's Tuesday and with the truck parked where it is, there is no way for the garbage men to come and pick up my trash. Yes, it is very disturbing.

Last week one of the kids came running in to tell me that the garbage men were here. I rolled my eyes and said that it's not like I sit around all day watching for them to come. Okay. So I do. Is there something wrong with that?

And then they only took half of my trash so I spent the next hour theorizing why they didn't take all of it. It was very disconcerting. It was proof that my trash really wasn't good enough. But eventually another truck came and took it all away.

So here I am. In a predicament. The garbage men should be here any minute. Hopefully it will all work out for the best.

If worse comes to worse, I can always pile my trash onto the construction truck. And hope they learn their lesson before next Tuesday.

3 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

its like an episode of Monk...you are turning into our father...or was that me? we get our radical behaviour from somewhere i know!

Katydid said...

You should do stand-up.

Anonymous said...

I watch for the garbage man too, I think I secretly love him (I am mean really, how many guys gladly take our garbage...)

Jenny