525,600 Minutes

My husband and I were driving in the car the other day. "It's trash pick up tomorrow." He said. Yup. It's amazing that our existence has been reduced to measuring our life by events such as garbage day. In fact, growing up, I don't think I even knew that there was a specific day of the week that we got our trash picked up. Now sometimes I will watch out the window when the garbage men take my trash away. Silently doing a victory dance. Yesss! I don't know why, but in the back of my mind, I have an irrational fear that they will take one look at my trash and say "EEWWWW! We aren't going to take that!" And i'll be stuck with a never ending tower of trash. So, for me, trash day is always an exciting day!

It reminds me of the song from Rent...525,600 minutes, how do you measure your life? 52 trash pick-ups, 2 dentist appointments, a trip to the eye doctor...How do you measure a year in the life?

1 comment:

Julie Ramsay said...

That reminds me...I've got to go put the rubbish out! Thanks Min!