Angel and Bert

The cats used to sit at the back door and wait to be let outside. My husband thought it would be "cute" if he gave them a way to ask to go out. So, now our cat angel taps us on the arm whenever he wants to go out. Sure, that's great, but my husband is at work all day, so I am left at home with a cat, who every time I sit down, is tapping me on the arm...

The other trick the cats can do is jump. For big, fat cats, they can jump fairly high. My husband had been thinking that since they can ask to go outside, he would teach them to jump and hit the doorbell to come back in. Luckily, I saw the huge flaw in this plan and got him to stop before introducing the cats to the doorbell. I had nightmares of the neighbors calling me, "Uh, could you PLEASE get your cats to stop ringing my doorbell???" and when that didn't work, "If your cats ring my doorbell one more time, I'm gonna call the police..."

No comments: