Sorry, I don't do windows

Have you ever noticed that slowly you start doing chores that didn't used to belong to you? One day it hit me as I was taking my husband's car to get his oil changed that he was good. Not only did I not realize that he had turned over the job of getting the cars serviced to me, he did it without my even realizing it!

Last week, a friend came over and I apologized for it being so dark in living room. She asked why I didn't just change the light bulb. The way she put it, it made it seem so simple. Because, I said, once I start changing the light bulbs, it will become my job. Not just the easy ones in the living room, but also the difficult ones outside that require screw drivers and a ladder. I have to draw the line somewhere, right? She just rolled her eyes, took a light bulb from the cupboard and changed it. Now, she said, that wasn't so bad, was it? I told her that no, it wasn't and could she take the trash out now that she was done.



No comments: