Children and chores



When did kids get lazy? More specifically, when did MY kids get so lazy??? During the school year I was more than happy to let them get away without having assigned chores since they practiced at least 2 instruments each and had honors classes with homework to do every night. But seeing them this summer lying on the couch reading all day, I can definitely see that somewhere, something has gone very wrong. I hate to admit that it is probably my fault. Hmmm. So, now I will pay for it all summer long, having to listen to my kids complain about being forced to do chores. Ahh, the circle of life. I guess my only consolation is that someday they will have the joy of listening to their own children complain about doing housework and how unfair life is...

1 comment:

Katydid said...

Hey found you through a link. My kids are still young but the laziness is already bone deep ;)