It's that time again

Today is the big voting day---trust me, there is no way I can forget. Someone has called me ten times a day all week. Every time the phone rings one of the kids will answer it, pause for a few moments and then hang up. "It was for McCain," they tell me. "Why didn't you tell them he isn't here anymore?" I ask them. (It's a joke from when we had a cardboard cut out of him in our bathroom for over a week). I'll be glad to put an end to the phone calls, they even leave messages, which I think is over the top.

At school the kids even got a chance to vote in a mock election. Of course, Anna voted for Ralph Nader. "How cool would it be to have a president with the name Ralph?" she wanted to know. If names were really all that mattered, the candidates would have re-thunk their signs. I drive by and see: "McCain Pain" and can't help but think "Osama Bin Laden" for the other one. Bad signs this year.

Hopefully not in more ways than one.

2 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

How long have them been doing that because it didn't happen when I lived there...or maybe where I lived wasn't a HOT spot.

mindy said...

Doing the phone calls? I remember the calls when we were kids... were you registered to vote when you lived here?