Christmas Wrap-up

Christmas is over. For this I am sure: it is 70 degrees outside. But as I vacuum up the last of the needles from our Christmas tree, I thought about the highlights from Christmas 2008.

All the kids got some great things, but as Sarah was popping the bubble wrap from one of her presents, Nicholas yelled out, "How come she got bubble wrap?" We could have saved ourselves hundreds of dollars this year, if we would've just bought a roll of bubble wrap...who would've thunk? Oh well, there's always next year...

The next highlight is definitely "Rock Band." Combinations of the family have been playing that over the past few days and have had so much fun. Sarah is on "Expert" level on the guitar and seems to have no desire to try the drums--which are her "thing"--go figure. I've even joined in on the vocals, and let me tell you: I do NOT rock. In fact, I stink. But it is still fun to watch them play and learn new songs.

Both Sarah and Heather got high tech calculators. The night before Christmas they were negotiating the time they could wake up to open their presents. They wanted 5am (which is late for them) I was pushing for 7am. What was the rush, wake up to open their calculators? Very exciting...but they were excited. Heather said that's how you can tell a true geek: Someone who gets a calculator, pencils, erasers and books for Christmas and got everything they wanted...I'm so happy she is so easily pleased, and I don't think she's a geek.

Well our Christmas seemed to go by too quick. The kids all slept in the same room Christmas Eve in anticipation of Santa coming. They left him cookies and cheese (they have ever since the commercial "Behold the power of cheese") and milk, as well as a nice letter, which was one of the biggest highlights:

Dear Santa,

Thanks for stopping at our house, it means so much to our dad. Since you have unlimited time and everything, please feel free to stay at our house and eat all the food we left for you. I know the time travel thing must be hungering.

Sincerely,


The McKibben Four


4 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Even a letter! Wow! I did nothing for santa this year. George doesn't believe anymore and I'm not sure the twins even know what's going on!

mindy said...

We've taught the kids that if they don't believe, they don't receive---besides, Brian has never stopped believing...

Jodie Davis said...

The only thing Olivia wanted this year was for Santa to spend the night. Now the only thing she has been doing all break is taping popscicle sticks together. Olivia always leaves an orange for Santa to eat.

mindy said...

Popscicle sticks are a great invention...My kids will still get them out every now and then and glue them together to make a house or something (oh wait, that's me) :)