One of those mornings...

We try to make mornings as easy as possible at our house. We make lunches the night before, have the backpacks packed and waiting by the door. When the kids were smaller, I used to lay out their clothes, (but now they don't appreciate it, for some reason.) So, needless to say, we don't like surprises early in the morning.

I got the early morning seminary kids up and off at 5:30am and clearly remember resetting my alarm to wake up the youngest an hour later. Laying in bed I was thinking my alarm would be going off any minute but decided to peek and check to see exactly how many more minutes I had left in my warm bed: 7:06am. EEEEEEKKKKK! The neighbor would be at our house in 4 minutes, as it was my month to drive for the carpool. I ran, screaming downstairs to wake up Anna to tell her she had exactly 4 minutes to get dressed and into the car, as I grabbed her coat, shoes and a muffin for her to eat on the way.

Of course she was ready in time, she usually stays in bed until about that time and then hurries to get ready. I, on the other hand, prefer to be dressed. Starting the car, I remembered my husband had left a note, "car needs gas." The gas light lit up. Great, so as I dropped the kids off at school, I prayed the whole way I wouldn't have to walk to the gas station in my p.j.'s.

The kids are all at school and I have a full tank of gas. I'm still not dressed, but what's the rush, everyone's already seen me in my pajamas today already...We did so well, tomorrow I think I'll set the alarm for 7:07am, add a flat tire to the mix and see how we do. Come on, give me something challenging next time, I didn't even work up a sweat!

2 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

I seem tko have a lot of those fun mornings...you left out that you were up all night. I don't usually have that problem...yet. I love to sleep too much! You must be starting to write another book????

mindy said...

Just worried about trying to get kids too many places at once...Nicholas is triple booked tomorrow and tonight kids are going everywhere. Sooooo, glad you're back! Moved into new house yet? Is Switzerland as wonderful as you remembered it? (Not that you haven't been visiting every so often...) Is your German rusty?