Not sure if an intervention is necessary...

Hello, my name is Mindy and I have a problem. There, admitting I have a problem is the first step, right? It's noon on Christmas day and all the Christmas decorations are put away. I took all the ornaments and lights off the tree, but the tree is still up. Only because no one will help me and the cats keep giving me dirty looks when I try. (They are sleeping underneath it.)

It's not like I don't enjoy the Christmas decorations. I've been enjoying them for a month now. But Christmas is over and I guess I'm done...I rationalized by telling myself I needed to be organized and see what replacement lights, etc. I need to buy, at the after Christmas sales. But really, I just want all the Christmas stuff cleaned up and put away. It feels so much better now that it's done. Now I can relax. Except for the tree, sigh. I guess it can wait until tomorrow. Or maybe tonight...

So, I know there are those of you out there who have no intention of taking down your decorations. In fact, some people leave their lights up year round. I'm not doing anything right now. The kids are busy playing with the stuff Santa brought, so I can come over right now and help you, if you want... It's no problem really. By then maybe when I get home, the cats will be eating or something and I can get my tree taken down...

3 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

We just put the tree up on Monday! You are amazing...can you come over? I would love some of your organizing skills! You can even put all the christmas stuff away!...or in January or February...whenever you have time. I'll wait for you...

mindy said...

Since you just put your tree up, I guess it's okay to leave it up for another week or so. I would love to come help take down your decorations...I'll start saving up my miles---don't keep your tree up, it might be a while:) Hope you had a fun Christmas!

ldsjaneite said...

Ha ha--I took my tree down on Sat.! But that's because I'm moving....