Hiding in Plain Sight

I was finished with what I hoped to be the last of my Christmas shopping and ran upstairs with the loot to stow it away. I heard my kids in the kitchen as I passed through, however. They were discussing the various places I would probably be hiding the bags I was carrying.

"Probably the closet," Heather guessed.
"Or inside the window seat," Sarah voiced.
"Don't forget underneath the quilt rack," Anna added.

So much for my top secret hiding places. They were so busted. They shouldn't know where my hiding places were, unless of course, they had been looking. Since there was no safe place left, I did the only thing I could do. I decided to hide presents in plain sight. Who knows, maybe they won't even notice the various piles throughout the house...hey, at least the presents are wrapped...


4 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Smmmmmart thinking! You will outthink them on this one...not. At least they're wrapped. That's better then me!

mindy said...

So far no one has said anything. Maybe they think that I'm the one who doesn't notice...I'd put the presents under the tree but the cats won't let anyone near it. They are guarding it vigilantly. (more psycho cat behavior: the cycle appears to be, eat tree, climb tree, guard tree...) Apparently humans are not welcome to join in.

Katydid said...

Hey you complain about cards being sent early and there you are showing wrapped gifts. Are you crazy? We haven't even made our list yet. That's funny.

mindy said...

Well there you go, assuming I am rational and sane...:)