Shopping made easy

We had to run into Walmart to get a few things. Two days until Christmas---not the best day to be at Walmart, I know. I had Nicholas and Heather with me and told them the four things we needed. Before I could turn around, Nicholas had grabbed a cart and was running down the aisle.

Heather and I ran behind him, watching as he threw the items we needed into the cart and continued on to the next item on the list. He was amazing. Running next to Heather, she shook her head. "No one can keep up with him in the halls at school either, he's too fast," she exclaimed.

Looking at the last item we needed, I couldn't decide between two things which to get. It was no problem for Nicholas. He just grabbed one, threw it in the cart and was off to the checkout stand. By the time I reached the car, he had unloaded the bags, returned the cart and was sitting in the car waiting for me.

From now on, I think I'll need to start taking him out of school on the mornings I do my big grocery shopping. He made my shopping experience so much easier. Driving home I commented how nice it had been. "What, you mean running through Walmart after Nicholas?" Heather replied. Yup.

Nicholas unloaded the car when we got home. Everyone definitely needs a Nicholas, I never want to go shopping again without him!

2 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

I wonder if any of my boys will be nick-like one day...doubt it! They have to be dragged everywhere!

Nancy said...

That is so funny. It sounds like Bub. I went shopping with him either right after you were married or right before and he was buying a bunch of things for the house and he was very decisive about everything....and quick! I can't make a decision to save my life. You're right!! I need a Nicholas!!