It's official

Heather and I went to the longest, most boring Harrison County Board of Education meeting EVER last night. We braved icy roads and cold weather and sat through two hours, where we were sure we would end up dying of complete and utter boredom. It was the meeting that would never end. And Heather's name was never mentioned once. Heather was so disappointed, I thought she was going to cry. But I was mad. There was no way I was going to sit though another one of those blasted meetings! I marched up to the podium.

"I thought my daughter was on the agenda tonight!" I declared. "Let me check," someone told me---"she could have been." What? I had just sat listening to every single word, I would've noticed. Unfortunately I hadn't fallen asleep at anytime during that painful meeting.

"Yep, she was approved, they just didn't mention her name," we were informed. So we left, very much relieved.

This means Heather will graduate from high school a year early. She and Sarah will graduate next year together. Wow, that's a lot to digest--two kids leaving home next year. It's too much to think about and process right now, so I won't.

5 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Wow congratulations!!!! 2 in college and its free too! Awesome!

Nancy said...

WOW! That is very cool! Congrats Heather.....Just think of all that extra time you'll have now!! Where are they going to college?

mindy said...

It's only free if they stay in WV. Which, they aren't going to do...so, it's not free! They will apply to BYU both Provo and Idaho and Heather is also applying to MIT---like we can afford that:)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad for Heather! Your kids are all so smart (and musically talented, too, what's up with the all state judges anyway?). It will be neat seeing what they do with their lives. Is she still not planning on the prom? And why would college be free in WV?

mindy said...

We have the Promise scholarship in WV, so if they want to go to college in WV and have good enough grades (both girls do) they get free tuition.

As for the state judges, I'm considering several conspiracy theories, bribery by other schools (of course) and just plain stupidity...

Prom, she promised she would go if I let her graduate early. Any legitimate ideas on possible dates will not be discounted:)