What were they thinking!!!


I had to look twice to believe what I was seeing. I'd pulled up next to a car at a stoplight. It looked like a geo metro but it was like no geo metro I'd ever seen before...The top half was a black marbled color---can you say custom paint! The bottom half was swirled in red with what? I looked a third time. It had skulls in the swirls. It was incredibly complex and amazing...and it was a GEO METRO!

The light turned green and both of our cars stayed rooted to our spots. Mine, because I was so dumbfounded at the car next to me. His? Who knows---eventually the engine started revving and it slowly picked up speed, rattling and spluttering as it went.

For what the paint job had cost the guy, surely he could have bought a new muffler and some hub-caps, I thought to myself as I watched the car finally jerk to a start. A horn from behind me, reminded me that I too, needed to go. But what I really wanted to do was to follow that car!

If that's what his car looked like---man, I was curious to see what his HOUSE looked like. But I had to think WWHT (What Would my HUSBAND Think?) and I knew he would not think too highly if I had a restraining order or stalking complaint brought against me.

Rats, I thought as the other car turned off the road. Sadly, I watched it go, disappointed that I hadn't even gotten a picture of it...no one would ever believe me when I told them about the car I'd seen...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geo metros all decked out or SUV's with fighting kids inside- there's all kinds of things going on on the roads, huh? Glad to see that we're not the only ones....

Julie Ramsay said...

Sure, I believe you Mindy. Now stop having that afternoon drink!

mindy said...

Jules, I knew I couldn't trust you with my little secret...everyone else thinks I just have to have my diet dr pepper...