Harry, Bella and all our other good friends.


On Monday we went to see the new Harry Potter movie. It was fun to go with the whole family. Brian had read the books out loud to the kids when they were little, so Harry Potter has always felt like one of the family to me. Before the movie, Brian pulled out a handful of plastic colored bracelets and passed them out to everyone. They each had the name of one of the four Hogwarts houses on them. Mine said Hufflepuff. I guess he and Sarah got them while waiting in line for the last book to come out and he has kept them all this time. So with matching bracelets, we all sat together and watched the movie.

In the parking lot that same day, we saw a car with the license plate "Bella 13." I rolled my eyes and said how pathetic it was that 12 other people had the license plate "Bella". Brian surprised us all by informing us that it was "Bella 13" because Bella's birthday is on the 13th of September. Huh? We've all read the Twilight books several times but have never picked up that fun fact. I looked at Brian, who after realizing that he was the ONLY ONE who knew this, seemed a little embarrassed. As he should be.

My husband has teased us endlessly for reading and rereading the Twilight books---even refusing to refer to the last book by any other title than "Breaking Wind." I was shocked when this summer he read all of the books while we were away on vacation in Utah. He is now re-reading them. Huh.

Talking about the books over the phone one night while I was in Utah, he apologized that he would never be Edward. Although sweet, this was actually a relief---he did know Edward was a vampire, right? I'll whisper this next part, so listen closely: Vampires aren't real. Besides, if Brian really knew me, he would know that I would never, ever want him to be like Edward.

Everyone knows I'm a Jacob fan.

3 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

Oh my, oh my. All of that was hilarious. I love your family.

Julie Ramsay said...

I think Brian could be a good Jacob for you..fun and daring. I'm suprised he didn't know your obsession for Jacob but maybe I would talk about mine with Edward with Colin either???

Anonymous said...

I've seen the trailer for the next movie, I could be a Jacob fan...

Jenny