We're all together again, we're here, we're here.


We drove to Wheeling yesterday to pick up Heather from Governor's School. She was gone for three weeks and made me think that if this was what next year would be like---taking kids to college---I am soooo not ready. Three weeks was just too long.


The drive home was full of deep discussions. Like just what do you call the place behind your knee? I call it your knee pit. We counted dead raccoons on the side of the road and filled Heather in on everything she had missed over the past several weeks. I told her that we must have hovered a little too close when the guys came to install the new washing machine. "You look very anxious to start washing clothes," one of the guys mentioned. I didn't think we were being THAT obvious---maybe other people don't stand next to them and peer over their shoulders as they work. "We're out of clean underwear," I had blurted. Heather decided she was glad she missed that particular moment....


We read scriptures last night and in the midst of Anna's turn reading, some phrase must have caught Heather's attention because she suddenly burst out in song. It's good to have Heather home.

5 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

Oh, how sweet.

P.S. my word verification is "barnucke." It almost looks like a real word. How would you pronounce that?

Nancy said...

Mindy....sometimes I think you make this stuff up because it is just too funny...."out of underwear"????? Wow!!! Glad Heather's back too. Enjoy the moments to come....

mindy said...

Nancy, I wish I'd made it up...you should have seen the look on the guys' faces after I said it! It was an awkward moment for all of us:)

Julie Ramsay said...

Hamstring muscle? Is this what you call the kneepit? I'm glad Heather is home again...she may have stopped you before the underwear blurt! ha ha .

Anonymous said...

Nay, she would have added her two cents worth, it was probably good that she wasn't there :)

Jen