It's what's on the inside that counts.

I finished taping up the box and headed to my car. I was aware that the box wasn't ideal, but there was nothing I could do about it. I hadn't been able to find packing tape and needed to get to the post office first thing. I waited and got several looks from the people standing in line next to me. But, to be honest, some people make a big deal when I go to Walmart in my pajamas, so I've long since given up on trying to figure out why people are rolling their eyes at me.

I put my package on the counter and the post office lady shook her head and groaned. "Only in West Virginia." What's the big deal? The box was completely covered in duct tape, so what. Everyone does that, right? From her reaction, I guess not. Well, it's mailed and chances are it will stay taped together...By the way, I did end up finding the packing tape on my way home from the post office. It was in the car. Who keeps packing tape in the car?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...what was in the package?

me

Julie Ramsay said...

Yeah what were you sending??? Ha ha. Did you write the address on top of the tape too? Will your friend even open the scary package?

mindy said...

It was for Heather, so she better open it. It had some stuff she forgot to pack in it...

Julie Ramsay said...

well that makes perfect sense!

Heather said...

It was kinda hard to open, but I didn't give it a second thought...

I got a real word on my word verification. mothers. I've never seen that happen before.