I'm now officially too old for the teeny boppers to understand.

It's been raining or looked like it was going to rain all week. Every day I ask myself or my husband, "Should I have Nick mow?" And then I can't help it. I just start laughing and laughing and laughing.

My kids have stopped trying to figure out why I find this funny. Which makes it even funnier to me. They don't even know what a NICMO is! That is how old I am.

I tried to explain it to them after the first time I accidentally commented that it was good that Nick had mowed. (See, even just writing it makes me smile.) But my kids got that expression on their faces. The one that they save just for me. The, that's-the-stupidest-thing-you've-ever-said-in-your-life, "I don't know what you're talking about" look. For some reason, I know the look very well.

Or maybe they are just mortified to hear their mother speaking of such things. Perhaps their system just shuts down as soon as I start speaking about it. Which of course, only makes me laugh more. When probably it isn't even that funny. To anyone else, of course. Because to me, it is hilarious.

NICMO: An alternate spelling for NCMO--which is short for No Commitment Make Out. Two people mutually agree to not get into a relationship--but just enjoy making out.

But now NICMO is whenever my son mows the lawn. See? Funny.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always answer yes... (Of course, minus the "N".)

me

Julie Ramsay said...

I had to google it just to make sure I was hip and up to date! YOu are a funny mother. Hey mom was just showing us those pages (I assumed you made) of our memories. She loves them and I think we should make more for this christmas!

ldsjaneite said...

I first heard it while in college, and though I knew the general meaning, I didn't know the actual acronym until much later. But we tried to make it sound more uppity: Non-Commital Make Out. Actually, that sounds more like an offense for jail. And it should be--NCMO participants make me so sick! Too much of it at BYU.

mindy said...

Julie I thought it was such a great idea that I stole that idea from Brian's family a few years ago. If you can come up with some more questions, we can do it again this year.

Heidi I agree---too much non-commital everything these days. I'm not a fan of NCMO's either. But Nick is mowing the lawn right now, so I have to laugh...

Jenny Dahlke said...

I knew what you meant, but then, I am older than all of you:P I'm with you, I'd giggle every time I had to say it too. Gotta love the way their eyes roll when we say totally embarassing things;)