Random is as random does.

I was checking out my books when the librarian asked me if we were finally finished with our vacation. I was surprised anyone had noticed we'd been gone. "You're here almost every day," she exclaimed. "You're practically family!" Next time, perhaps I'll bring my vacation pictures and set up a slide show for her. Yesterday I wore my pajamas to the library so maybe I do feel a little too comfortable there...

I think living with 3 sisters has finally taken its toll on my son. I'll hear him yell through the house, "Has anyone seen my lipstick?" The problem is that it amuses me so much, I usually don't correct him and tell him that it's really his CHAPSTICK he is looking for...

My washing machine is broken and without the steadying flow of laundry in my life, I feel out of whack. The new white washing machine arrives on Friday. I voted for either the orange or wild cherry flavored machine. Even though, if I am honest with myself, if I did have a red washing machine, I think every time I did a load of whites I'd worry they would all come out some shade of pink...

So, here's to Friday. A day of laundry. A day where everything will be right again in the world---as long as I remember to check pockets for chapstick before doing the laundry.

5 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

We librarians love the regulars--in PJs and all! Well, unless they're homeless and a little odiferous. Then I have to struggle to not pass out!

Julie Ramsay said...

You should start calling your librarian by name...sounds like she would like to get on first name basis with you anyways. Hurray about your washing machine! Glad its coming! Colin calls things by weird names too but he doesn't have any sisters...

Sheila said...

I have a wild cherry washing machine! I assure you that nothing comes out pink--except for Elizabeth's underwear!!

Nancy said...

Jesse loves the color red....he'd probably live in the dryer if I bought a red one.

Katydid said...

Love libraries--fantasize about an orange washing machine. Is that strange?