It's cookie time!


The kids helped me bake cookies. They had no interest in eating the cookie dough---in fact, first thing they announced, "Mommy says, there are Rot-ten eggs in here, so we can't eat it!" I was very careful to make sure they didn't see me eat any cookie dough as I snuck a spoonful here and there. Hey, I figure I've been eating cookie dough since birth and I'm still alive...Anna was very disappointed when she came home from school to find none left in the fridge for her---we usually cook half and save half for eating (unless it all gets eaten before it gets cooked).


I liked Jesse's chocolate smile---it's nice to see a kid enjoy his food. Maybe it's not so endearing on an adult, so I made sure to wash my face as well. So I'm hoping I'm not the only one out there eating cookie dough. Maybe Nancy also hides under the table, licking the spoon and the bowl when no one is looking...and she just doesn't want to share...It makes me feel better to think that anyway:)

5 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

What cute pictures. I love his chocolate smile, too--and the expression on his face, too! And those oven mitts look humongous on Aurora. My sister told me about raw eggs in cookie dough and how I could get worms and I've never had a desire for it. Sometimes I think I'm really missing out.

Julie Ramsay said...

You and Diane scared me from raw cookie dough because of the raw eggs. i think you just wanted it all to your self. I also feel like I've missed out on life...

mindy said...

That must have been Diane and Jenny. It doesn't sound like something I would do at all...besides I didn't start eating cookie dough until recently. You have been missing out---but there's still time to see the light.

Anonymous said...

Riley eats the refrigerated cookie dough from the store. It doesn't have raw eggs in it! At least I don't think so. I don't want to know if it does because I like it too.

Nancy said...

Only my kids could cause such serious discussion about the contents of unbaked cookie dough. I love the pictures!!!